BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE GOOD FOR TWO YEARS FOR COACHES & VOLUNTEERS!
DO NOT COMPLETE THIS IF YOU COMPLETED A BACKGROUND SCREENING WITH MINNESOTA HOCKEY FOR THE 2017/2018 SEASON!!
DO NOT COMPLETE THIS MORE THAN ONCE IN A SINGLE SEASON! SCREENING IS TAKING LONGER THAN USUAL DUE TO A NEW VENDOR. THIS PROCESS CANNOT BE HURRIED AS IT IS OUT OF OUR CONTROL.
The safety of its participants is of paramount importance to USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey. This includes not only on-ice safety, but also off-ice safety in any part of Minnesota Hockey’s programs. The USA Hockey SafeSport Program is intended to protect all participants, not just players, from any type of misconduct or abuse.
By pulling together existing USAH off- ice safety policies related behavior and hockey environment management, constructing a supervision and monitoring structure, creating a reporting, investigatory, and response system, production of education and awareness training materials, and enhancing participant screening, USAH has taken giant steps towards improving off-ice safety.
USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for abuse and misconduct. Through the USA Hockey SafeSport Program, USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey are committed to creating the safest possible environment for participation in hockey.
An important part of our SafeSport program is the volunteer background screening, which Minnesota Hockey has had implemented for many years. Minnesota Hockey & USA Hockey’s screening policy includes a set criteria for which a person may be disqualified and prohibited from serving as an employee or volunteer of Minnesota Hockey USA Hockey. Under the policy, Minnesota Hockey will not authorize or sanction any employee or volunteer who has routine access to children unless that person consents to be screened and passes a criminal background screen conducted by the Affiliate or USA Hockey.
Beginning with 2014-2015 season, Minnesota Hockey has secured a background screening provider that provides background checks that are good for two years. The new screening scans a wider range of local and national databases and is processed much quicker than our old system. We are confident this new program will better protect your children and provide a thorough check for all those submitting.
The following persons need to be screened in accordance with this policy:
1. Members of the Minnesota Hockey Board of Directors
2. Local Association / Club administrators and board members
4. Team managers
6. Locker room monitors
7. Travel chaperones
8. Billet Families
9. Anyone with routine access to youth participants
1. Click Below and Submit Screening Criteria
2. Screens will be submitted to 3rd party screening provider. Data is highly secure and encrypted.
3. Minnesota Hockey personnel will receive screening results and participants will be notified of pass or flag.
**Note: Please be sure to complete the background check that is relevant to your position in the organization. Coaches MUST complete the COACHES ONLY check. All others MUST complete the screening for ALL OTHER PERSONNEL. Volunteers who serve in multiple roles MUST complete the COACH screening only if they will be a coach**
1. Screening is taking longer than normal due to SportsEngine’s new vendor.
2. DO NOT submit a screening request more than once!!
3. If you aren’t sure when you were last screened, check with your registrar.
4. If you are asked for a 14 digit ID# register with USAH as a volunteer.
5. Do not email requests for status of screening- you will not get a response.
6. If you get a “review” notification it means there are either criminal records to be looked at, or there was a data entry error in your submission. In any case, wait for it to complete the screen.
7. The process cannot be hurried as control of the system is NOT with MN Hockey.